1st place receives a $500 cash prize
2nd place receives a $250 cash prize
Agenda 21 wears a green cloak of caring and happiness to hide its much darker trappings. By utilizing universal concerns such as the environment and the economy, this United Nations program has co-opted legitimate activism to create a many-tentacled beast that aims to get it hooks into local communities across the globe . . . by stealth.
At its heart, Agenda 21 is a communitarian system -- essentially collectivism -- where the very nature of the human desire to connect and cooperate with one another is distorted to become a system of regulations, control mechanisms, dependence and servitude, and a revamp of the global economy, based on natural, human, and social capital. Humanity itself becomes the source of all problems instead of the source of all solutions and progress.
This writing contest seeks to address the many facets of Agenda 21. A lot of people are still confused about what it is and what its true purpose is. It is time to fully expose it with crowd-powered journalism.
Please use the following bullet points as a guideline to help expose the full reach of Agenda 21 and how it affects us. Agenda 21 is not a "conspiracy theory", it is an Action Plan. This is your chance to take back the conversation and stop this plan.
- Balancing all 3 ‘E’s of Agenda 21- environment, economy, equity.
- Redistributing our wealth – financing economic expansion into the ‘developing world’.
- Measuring Gross Global Happiness; the 9 domains; survey questions; happiness action groups.
- Smart phones / self-reporting; the future of telehealth – electronic records, neural profiling, AI doctors, telemedicine, genetic profiling, phone sensing, quantified self, Biostamps, transhumanism, sensing well-being.
- The history and theories of the ‘beyond GDP’ movement, and who is involved.
- The rise of the New Economists – who profits?
- ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ (CSR) and how it can be ‘leveraged’ by consumers for justice.
- Global Happiness (i.e. the correct standard of physical and mental health) and identity profiling; Identity Providers, and other trust facilitators/reputation systems, such as Ripple, for the global virtual economy.
- Mobile finance and tracking, including programs rolled out across the developing world, such as M-PESA, and the ‘Better Than Cash Alliance’. Can we use our P2P Power to set up truly grassroots local currencies which commit to enabling truly anonymous transactions, without measuring ‘giving’ or ‘having’? (Community currencies tend to be based on measures of qualities such as ‘social value’ and ‘reputation capital’, which exclude those who are unable to give, or do not have.)
- Local activism and solutions; is your community beginning to feel or discuss specific Agenda 21 programs such as Wildlands, ICLEI, and others? Has your community successfully resisted? How?
- Recognizing true solutions like self-sufficiency, which is the real definition of "sustainable".
Please see the specific guidelines for submissions below:
- Length: 1,500 words maximum. Footnotes do not count as part of the total.
- Originals Only: The article must be original content for our exclusive use as the first website to publish it on the Internet.
- Deadline: The contest officially begins on June 1st, 2013 and will run through August 1st, 2013. Articles will be reviewed and published in the order they are received.
- Winner: The winner will be determined by total page views, the earlier you submit your article the better chance you have to win. The winner will be announced on September 15th, 2013.
- Please submit completed articles via email to email@example.com.
- Submissions can be cut-and-pasted into an e-mail, or you may attach a Word file.
- We can only make minor edits, so submissions that have poor formatting, or need heavy editing will be disqualified.
- We are not able to attend to follow-up edits once a submission is posted, so please take time to be sure that you are submitting a final version you are happy with.
- Multiple submissions are permitted, but will not count toward a cumulative page view total; each entry will stand on its own.
- We cannot accept images, due to the length of time it takes to post them, but you may provide 1 video that is relevant to your article.
- Submissions that contain links to products for sale by the author will be edited or disqualified. A link may be included in a short bio, which will be posted at the end.
- Please provide a title.